Yesterday Jason and I braved the yucky weather to attend the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at Reliant Park. We walked around all afternoon and had a fabulous time! Apparently, it is the largest Rodeo in the world, and there are certainly tons of things to see and do. We walked through the kids AGventure area where there are art and quilt exhibits, a livestock show, and all sorts of animals to see and pet! There was even an educational area with all sorts of rabbits in separate cages, from huge "giants" to tiny little (fullgrown) "dwarf" rabbits - they were adorable! I wish had taken more pictures, but I guess I was just so enthralled with how precious the animals were, that I forgot.
After walking through the Livestock show and past all the clothing, boots, and even furniture vendors, we ventured outside to find something to eat. Much to my delight, one vendor was selling "Chicken on a Stick," which I haven't had for years, but dearly love! Walking through the carnival, we also gave in to buying a fried twinkie...but to tell you the truth, it wasn't nearly as good as I hoped for.
The Rodeo was great! Fast-paced and exciting! And afterward, Tim McGraw performed! I was really impressed with how wonderful his voice sounds in concert. He put on a great show, and I would definitely go back to see him perform again any day!
I would absolutely recommend visiting the Houston Rodeo, but just be sure to visit the bathroom once more after the concert...because you'll be waiting in your car in the parking lot for a very LONG time!
Yes, we stooped so low as to actually consume a fried twinkie....but at least we split it.
I really wanted one of these!
These...not so much.
Some of the rides were a tad bit scary...
Tim McGraw, Ladies and Gentleman!
Sorry no pictures of us....we were having too much fun! Besides, it was just plain nasty outside.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment